Duplication Policy and Fee Schedule
The History Center welcomes requests to duplicate its historical materials, but places certain conditions on duplications. The History Center does not sell reproductions, rather any fees paid by patrons are charged exclusively for services and materials expended in duplication and in administering our historical collections. Reproductions made from The History Center’s materials may not be sold, loaned or in any way transferred to any organization, library, or individual, nor may eventual permission for their use as source materials for citation be transferred to any other author or scholar. All duplication requests will be handled in the order they are received.
Personal Camera Use Policy:
The History Center will permit researchers to photograph materials for personal reference and research purposes under the following conditions:
1. Only hand-held portable cameras are allowed, using only available light (no flash). No copy stands, tripods, or scanners are allowed.
2. No extraordinary measures allowed (such as standing in chairs or removing items from the reading room). Researchers will abide by the handling procedures as outlined in the registration agreement and will not place materials in jeopardy.
3. Researchers using cameras will not disturb others.
4. Researcher accepts full responsibility for complying with copyright law.
• Staff will make copies of archival and manuscript material at the rate of .20 for letter and legal and .40 for ledger, and will assist in copying non-archival material if needed. Staff may copy only 20% of any published material.
• Some material may be deemed too fragile to photocopy, and staff reserves the right to deny requests to photocopy such material.
• Electronic distribution of photocopies will be charged the same rate as paper copies, but the fee will be waived for an electronic request of ten pages or less.
• Non-electronic mail requests for photocopies will be charged an appropriate shipping and handling fee, with advanced payment required for requests exceeding $10.00.
• .25 each
• Fine pigment ink prints on museum quality matte paper
Prints up to 8x10: $10 each
Prints larger than 8x10 up to 12x18: $20 each
• Electronic files, TIFF or JPEG: $10 for each image sent via email or file sharing system. If mailed, an additional fee will apply - ask staff for details.
• All photographic duplications sent by non-electronic mail will accrue an additional charge for shipping and handling. Please ask staff for details about specific charges.
• Money must be received in advance for all photographic duplication requests, unless approved otherwise by the director.
• Please allow 7 to 10 business days for photographic duplication.
Publication, Broadcast, Public Display, or Promotional Use Fees
• Non-profit organizations, major university presses, governmental entities, news media,
or private individuals: no charge
• For-profit organizations and/or projects: $25 per image per use.
Materials in The History Center’s collections may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. Please contact staff for any available copyright information or for specific questions. However, the patron assumes the burden for observing applicable laws of copyright, literary right, property right, and libel and will not hold The History Center, Diboll, Texas, or any of its staff, trustees, or agents responsible for any breach thereof.