The Angelina Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1919 as the Lufkin Chamber of Commerce and had 102 members at its founding. In 1948 its name was changed to the Angelina Chamber of Commerce to reflect its mission to promote and assist business through the entire county. From its founding and continuing through the present day, the Chamber is supported by its business community members for the purpose of advocating for and improving the business climate in the county. The approximately 90 cubic feet of materials consists of mostly paper records and some photographs. These records range from permanent files kept by office staff, board and committee minutes and their supporting documents, annual reports, financial statements, agreements and contracts with the Industrial Foundation and the Exposition Center, records of programs and events, including the Hushpuppy Championships, the Junior Livestock Show, the Youth Fair, and the Forest Festival.